- Be yourself. Sincerity is always the right choice. A company employee, CEO, or simply a brand fan addressing viewers instill trust in the potential customers.
- Add interactivity: a link, a hint, or a transition to another video. If a viewer is interested, they will get the opportunity to learn all the additional information immediately, while you will be able to track their movements and reaction. Catch a viewer’s attention while they are watching, show all the possibilities.
- Amuse, surprise, make fun! People enjoy watching things such as “Test Drive” by Pepsi Max with Jeff Gordon, for instance. Everyone likes watching how others are made fun of.
- Collaborate with well-known YouTubers. They communicate with their audience almost daily and know how to choose the right tone, pick up an interesting topic and engage viewers.
- Tell a story. According to the YouTube statistics, viewers want stories. A 30-second video is not enough for them, they are ready to spend even four minutes if the video is worth it. Think like a film director, not a commercial video producer. Tell exciting stories, add emotions to your videos.
- Create a meme or use an already known one. Be brave, don’t be afraid to make fun of yourself especially in a video, which is much more likely to be shared than a text with images.
- Show what happened before, during and after making a video. For example, funny moments while shooting a video or reaction of your employees to the finished video, which they took part in.
How to make a killer video for YouTube
Андрей Козик 23.06.2015